Intelligent Asset Management
Predict operational problems before they occur.
Asset management requires ongoing assessments and flexible, predictive planning. Your teams need a tool that provides a unified solution for asset operations, maintenance, and performance management — a tool that also optimizes along cost, availability, and production.
SAP’s Intelligent Asset Management (IAM) is that tool. IAM enables you to manage assets through collaborative asset intelligence, planning, prediction, and simulation.
This enables you to use advanced technology like machine learning and real-time data from IoT-enabled smart assets to inform your entire supply chain — without headaches around implementation and execution.
With SAP’s Intelligent Asset Management, you can:
- Continuously improve processes
- Predict outcomes
- Enable cost control along asset lifecycles
- Collaborate across networks
- Offer differentiated services
- Generate new revenue streams
- Develop new ways to compete in and disrupt your industry
- Manage the entire lifecycle of your physical assets
IAM equips teams to work together in real time with process-friendly integrations and up-to-date analytical insights. This leads to defined asset maintenance and service strategies that keep your business improving.
Intelligent Asset Management helps your organization improve your ongoing operations.
- Reduces risks to people and the environment with proper asset maintenance
- Optimizes assessment of maintenance needs (reliability, risk, or performance) delivers recommendations for all proactive maintenance work
- Facilitates exchange of master data and maintenance work planning for assets when interacting with contractors, engineering companies, or manufacturers
- Reduces purchasing spend and holding costs with Integrated inventory planning and optimization for maintenance and spare parts
- Complete knowledge about assets to ensure planners, reliability engineers, and algorithms have the needed information to develop the best maintenance plan and perform work properly the first time
- Detailed planning and tracking to ensure the best person with the right skills and correct parts performs a completely prepared job at the optimal time
- Continuous improvement of future asset maintenance and performance plans based on automated feedback and analysis of failures, performance, life span benchmarking, and other insights
How SAP S/4HANA® works with SAP IAM
SAP S/4HANA is a powerful, intelligent ERP system that enables full technological transformation for enterprises. SAP S/4HANA can deploy in full public cloud mode or a hybrid on-premise/cloud hybrid. SAP S/4HANA and SAP IAM work together to ensure:
- Asset operations and maintenance delivery, a key innovation with SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA
- Ongoing SAP support and, where appropriate, cloud innovations available as on-premise solutions to provide flexibility and choice
- Standard bidirectional and near-real-time integration for SAP Intelligent Asset Management with SAP S/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP ERP 6.0. In the future, more advanced process integration will be offered for SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud that will not be downported to SAP ERP 6.0, mainly because new user interfaces and processes with SAP S/4HANA will be optimized to work with, but not requiring, the SAP Intelligent Asset Management solutions that support asset performance management
- A system of record for cloud-based maintenance execution that merges APM and operational processes.
- Ability to set asset central foundation as system of record for data elements
- Clean data maintenance beyond standard data validations with SAP Master Data Governance, an EAM extension by Utopia on SAP S/4HANA
Rizing partners with enterprises to advise and execute:
- EAM digital readiness assessment
- Business case development
- Digital enablement
- Design thinking and rapid prototyping
- EAM digital core and innovation products/accelerators
- Data management
Our integration approach relies on:
- Data model alignment and public APIs from asset central foundation
- Use of message infrastructure based on Kafka events and event bus to publish messages from asset central foundation to external systems
- Triggering real-time business events using a SAP-developed mobile add-on that handles changes to asset master data and transactional data in SAP ERP
- Open and published REST APIs for end-to-end connectivity (use of SAP Cloud Platform Integration service middleware is currently optional)
We can help you identify asset maintenance problems before they become production problems. Our Asset Management Health Check will give you a clear idea of your asset management processes’ effectiveness and ensure the long-term health of your assets.
This service is available regardless of the EAM software you’re using. We can also help if you’re not using any EAM software at all.
- Assess your equipment and processes to ensure the health of your assets
- Prevent unexpected downtime
- Improve cost sight lines for your finance team
- Ensure expensive assets have long-term survivability
- Smooth transitions when personnel change
- Implement efficient systems and reduce stress and frustrations for maintenance personnel